Want a switch-accessible app that helps teach and reinforce how to speak, read and spell words, all while playing a game? Crazy Balloons Words is an engaging, fun activity that will do just that!
Crazy Balloons Words was designed with input from kids, parents, teachers and therapists as a way for children to learn, and practice recognising, high-frequency words – all while playing a balloon-popping game that’s easy to learn but also a challenge.
Why Crazy Balloons Words? PKCLsoft creates apps that are affordable, educational, engaging and accessible – because all children deserve to learn and become proficient communicators and readers.
The benefits of playing Crazy Balloons Words include:
- Sight word recognition skills increase
- Increased proficiency and fluency in reading
- Lots of audio processing practice
- Game play requires the player utilise visual scanning and visual discrimination skills
Educators will love being able to read a detailed report on each game a student plays and Crazy Balloons Words is also fully customisable:
- Create your own word lists, and share them via eMail, Messages or Airdrop.
- The app supports iOS 7’s localisation features for both language and voices. Create word lists in other languages!
- Set up a profile for each player and tailor the game play to suit each child’s strengths and challenges.
- Easily turn sounds and music on or off.
- Select the speed of play, how many balloons appear on screen and how many questions there are per game.
- Want to focus specifically on sight reading skills? Turn off the audible prompts!
- You can adjust the pitch and speed of the audible prompts used.
- Or make the game more challenging by hiding audible and/or visual cues and turning off hints.
- The game can be played with a compatible switch interface or bluetooth keyboard and switch settings can also be customised.