iPhone Crash Reports
If an iPhone app from pkclSoft appears to be crashing, or is unstable, you can help us find out why by sending us some information.
Whenever an app crashes, a log is stored on your iPhone. On newer iPhones this is supposed to be sent automatically when you next sync to iTunes. If however yours in an older iPhone, we might not get that crash log, so in the interest of helping us fix the problem so that we can get an update out to you, please follow these steps:
1. Sync your iPhone to iTunes
2. Get the crash logs from your computer
Depending on your operating system, you can get them from:
- Mac OS X : ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/<DEVICE_NAME>
Each log file name will start with the application name and have the extension “.crash”; e.g.
Note that these files should not contain any private information. They are just text files, so if you want, check them with your favourite text editor.
3. Email the crash log to pkclSoft
Finally, send us an email with any details from when it happened, what you were doing at the time of the crash, what you saw, along with any crash reports as attachments.
Please send all support email to: